July 3, 2017

Rustic Farmhouse Bar Stool Redo

I’ve had these bar stools for over a year now and have looked at them everyday thinking, “I should really redo those bar stools this weekend”. But something else always comes up and/or I’m just tired and would rather relax.  But right now I do believe I am “nesting” and everything I have been wanting to get done is in the works.  Including a DIY redo on the bar stools.


DIY Bar stool redo



For those of you who don’t know, the MR and I are expecting a little one next month.  I’m trying to get things in order, but it’s a give and take situation.  I have less energy and less ability to physically do things. For instance, these chairs were not easy to refabricate.  Oh my…try getting low and bending while using the stapler….not good. 

Butttt, they are finally done and can finally look super cute in my kitchen J


BEFORE










I used the same black paint (DIY Chalk Paint) I used on my Farmhouse kitchen table redo. Added a little distressing and wipe on poly to give the legs a rustic look (and to match the table). Then I used an old coffee bean sack to reupholster the seats. I love how they turned out. Just darling little rustic bar stools!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!