April 20, 2013

House Tour & I Was Featured

I was going to post our flooring pictures today, but I thought it would be more appropriate to give you a house tour first. That and the flooring didn't come along as well as we had planned. BUT it's been a learning process and next time, we will hire a flooring company to refinish hardwoods!

We got the house at a steal. Which is super exciting for me as the updating it needs isn't all that extreme. Luckily we have two months left on our rental lease, so I'm sure our schedules are going to be booked until then in order to get it ready. BUT.... I don't mind, this is right up my alley. 

We will start with the living room. I'm not sure what the previous owners were thinking, but the paint job and carpet are horrible. This picture doesn't really show the uneven paint application on the red wall. All we need to do in this room is paint, put up new trim, and redo the flooring.




The bathroom is super outdated but there is potential there. The flooring is a nice ceramic tile but everything else has to go. 




Master bedroom. Needs paint, flooring, and new trim. The ceiling fan is actually nice...so that will stay.  (The room is a lot larger then it looks in this picture). 




The second bedroom needs paint, flooring, trim, and a ceiling light fixture. 




Here is the third bedroom. Also known as my craft room. Needs paint, flooring, trim, and new ceiling fixture. 




The kitchen....I'm undecided about what to do here.  The flooring is a nice ceramic tile with no imperfections. The cabinets are solid oak. The ceiling fixture is newer. I think we will just paint this room and get appliances for now. 




All of these things will be done in the next two months. It will be like moving into a new house! I can't wait to start showing the before and after pictures to you! 

And before I sign off....I'm super excited to announce that my Spindle Leg End Table Redo post was featured at Roadkill Rescue! 




I love Beckie's blog...it's the perfect place to stop when looking for furniture redo ideas! Seriously!  Head over there and check out the roadkill post here!!



5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the afters. Its awesome that you had great ceramic tile to work with in the kitchen and bath.

    Justina @ www.justinawho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought the tile were vinyl when we bought the house. So finding out it was actual ceramic tile was like Christmas...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to all your updates. How exciting! Fresh starts are the best, and this will have all your personalized touches now.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. I hope to start having some after pictures soon!!! So far...nothing has went as planned...lol

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new home!! We just bought our first new home a few weeks ago and have been painting, decorating, etc. I can't wait to see your after pictures. I will be blogging about our new home soon. I'm still working on the "afters" LOL. Here is my blog: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!